Mommy Articles/Links

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Michelle Obama Speaks at my Alma Mater


Click here for more photos

Looks like I graduated 12 years too early or I would have been able to stand in the crowd at WSU and watch a woman whom I greatly admire adress the crowd on the importance of mentoring. I would have been on cloud nine. Instead I scrolled through the photos and read an article by Detroit Free Press columnist and fellow mommy Rochelle Riley whom I used to work with while I was a publicist in Detroit. She's a lovely lady. I think I'll call her to catch up. She was the one who also wrote the article on me and other seven brides whose videographer's truck was broken into holding our precious wedding videos. So he said...but this blog is not about that. It's about Mentoring Michelle Obama. Don't you just love her?

Mentoring is sooooo important. Some friends and I had a mentoring program in Detroit years so this is why this visit by the FLOTUS to Detroit means a lot to me. I hope some of my girls were in attendance. I hope she comes to New York.

Read the complete article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails