Mommy Articles/Links

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

8th Year Honeymoon Suite



8th year honeymoon suite - Isabel's Parlor @ Mt. Merino Manor in Hudson Valley, NY




As mentioned previously, my husband and I are celebrating 8 years of marriage this week. Time flies when you're having fun! We came close to having to postpone the weekend getaway due to a little miscommunication but it all worked out in the end.


I first heard of Mt. Merino Manor on the Today show late last year and immediately decided to place the B & B on my list of hotels that I keep inside of my phone. Let me tell you, this place did not disappoint. The photos on the website are gorgeous but the room was far more than we expected. We chose Isabel’s Parlor which was larger than each of our Brooklyn apartments we first lived in as newlyweds. After experiencing this inn, we asked ourselves why would anyone ever want to stay in a hotel? Over the last few months, we have fallen in love with B&Bs and plan to frequent them often during future travels.





This was the room we first entered that led directly to our bedroom. Yes, this was all ours.



We arrived at about 10:30 p.m. and popped a bottle of wine we brought from home. The atmosphere was very relaxing and totally worth every penny spent. No smoke and mirrors here. The bathroom you see in this photo is exactly what you see in the room. There is also a shower stall. The water is pretty hard and stings a bit when it hits you.

In addition to the amenities being close to top notch, I can't forget the safety pin I saw in the comforter and the tiny TV, the breakfast was phenomenal.

Day 1 - Breakfast Menu

Apple Muffins
Fresh Fruit (kiwi, pears, strawberries, blue berries and vanilla yogurt)
Baked Omelet w/red and yellow ragout
Bacon (perfectly crispy)
Two tomato slices
Orange Juice, coffee, and tea (I chose Harney's Pomegranate Oolong tea)

Day 2 - Breakfast Menu

Mixed Fruit (Black and Blue Berries, mango, and vanilla yogurt)
Lemon Muffins (didn't think I would like them but they were delish!)
Strawberry pankacks topped with maple and pecan syrup (no butter needed)
Sausage
Strawberries w/whipped cream
Orange Juice, coffee, and tea (I chose Harney's Green Tea)

For pricing and detailed information on this award winning inn, please click here.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds and looks amazing! B&B's huh? I saw one in the Dupont area of DC that's calling my name because it's so beautiful on the outside. Can I do a "day trip" where I live?? :) Technically I live across the bridge in VA.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails