Mommy Articles/Links

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Catolog Clutter!



On the days when I just can't seem to get around to posting a little something in "Mommy the Queen's" life, that's me, I want to share snippets of a book I pick up from time to time, "If You Give A Mom A Martini." It's filled with cute little tips on taking 10 minutes each day to do something just for you.

*********************************

Borrowed from "If You Give A Mom A Martini"

As a mom, life is all about multitasking and interruptions, so here's something you can do in a flash that will be the easiest thing you've accomplished all day.

If you like catalogs but your mailbox is overflowing with them (Pottery Barn? Hello?) log onto catalogchoice.org, and decline the ones you no longer want to receive. In only a few seconds, you can help the environment and simplify your life. Then, pat yourself on the back by ordering a li'l somethin' for yourself online (no catalog required).

*********************************
This website can't cure the solicitations, I don't think so here's another tip. If you have issues of junk mail filling your home as I do, here's a simple solution. Well, here's something FB friend, Brooklyn mom of two little girls, and owner of Urban Clarity Amanda Wiss shared with me that just makes sense. Leave a basket outside of your home where you can dump junk mail into the moment it arrives in your mailbox. That way the clutter and unwanted mail never make it into your home. Now that I think of it, when we lived in Brooklyn I do recall a heap of mail overflowing outside near the other 20 mailboxes in my building. It makes sense when you live in a home or brownstone, but when there are 30 other tenants/owners in the same building it can get out of hand. My two cents on this tidbit for those living in apartment buildings is to dump in front of your own front door. Yes, we lived right across from the mail boxes and it was a bit annoying.

You don't need to be a mom to declutter so everyone else can enjoy this post too! Pass it on and send me more decluttering tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails