Mommy Articles/Links

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Excited for the Long Island Home Show


What a busy weekend we have ahead of us! Today is my husband's 34th birthday so we'll be celebrating with him all day with gifts, cake, etc. The start of the day began with breakfast (I made sausage, egg, and cheese on a roll), a 9 a.m. soccer game, swim class was cancelled thank goodness, and Tae Kwon Do (husband) class. Later this afternoon, we'll head on over to the Long Island Home Show. I am so excited about this because there are a few things we need to improve at the house, and the bag full of free goodies you get at shows like these. We need a side screen door for sure, inspiration on indoor/outdoor decor, and I need some ideas on how to decorate my dining room. I love watching HGTV and thumbing through design mags for ideas but have no clue how to put them into action. Here are some of my favorites I found at http://www.myhomeideas.com/.


I love the buffet table and the placement of the photos on the wall. Our furniture is the same color as shown in this design. The white walls make the space very formal. That's a thought but with kids is it smart?


What stands out to me most in this shot is the faux paint on the walls. This brings texture to the room.




What captured my attention in this design is the circular rug and design on the ceiling. I also love the window treatments. This design is also giving me inspiration on how to decorate the top of my buffet.




The table cloth is exquisite in this design. Hanging a mirror on the dining room wall isn't a bad idea eather. I also love the scale of the floral arrangements in both rooms.









No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails