Mommy Articles/Links

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Lunchtime Made Easy

Believe it or not, I am still struggling with packing my daughter's lunch. I'm really trying not to pack her a deli sandwich everyday but you have to admit it is the easiest thing to make. However, would you buy a deli sandwich EVERYDAY and enjoy it? Nope. Didn't think so. The school she attends is a nut free school so that automatically eliminates peanut butter and jelly which would have been #2 on my preferred sandwiches to send her.




Girl's Mackenzie Lunch Bags $11.99 - $22.00


Right now, she has a Hello Kitty lunch box which is really cute but the space is very limited. I ordered her the Classic Lunch Bag in purple polka dot simply because it was on sale. I also had her name monogrammed on the front for an additional $6.50.

Preschool Lunch Bag - $12.99 - $22.00
(Pink/green butterfly bag is cute but of course it wasn't on sale.)

After three months of packing lunch, I have finally realized that kids don't have to each just sandwiches for lunch. Thus far, I have been sending turkey and chicken sandwiches, grilled cheese on occasion, and I have been known to send in fried chicken and mac n' cheese which almost never gets wasted.



Spencer Bento Box Container - $14.00

The Bento box which I first learned about while watching "Olivia," the cartoon, not my daughter, is a good investment. I'm planning to fill the compartments with small portions of snacks which hopefully will fill her tummy daily until 1 p.m. Then of course the snack dilemma begins which she asks for the moment she gets into the car. Really? Yes, really. The kids are fed a school snack at 10 a.m. then lunch at 11:30 a.m. and school ends at 1 p.m.





Spencer Clear Food Storage - $18.50

It's good to see that Pottery Barn is using healthy snacks to promote their products. Michelle Obama would be proud.




Spencer Utensils $8.00


Of course I had to buy these cute utensils. On occasion I put send real silverware to school with her, but usually put a plastic fork and spoon in her lunch bag. So far, she hasn't thrown the silverware away so maybe sending the Spencer Utensils will be a safe bet.



Girl's Klean Kanteen Water Bottles - $19.00













































































No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails